June 22, 2010

Flowers are my time of year

What a difference flowers make in my world.  At dinner the other night, Todd, Raine and I were talking about our general state of being.  I said I was an 8.5 on a scale of 10.  Warm, sunny days full of flowers brings me to this level.  When I'm in the gardens working with my flowers, I'm actually closer to a 9.2.  Above is a nice close-up of my Foxglove I planted last year.  It has grown two spikes this summer, yippee!
Oh my gosh,  the intensity of the magentas in the Cosmo flower lording it over the Sedum takes my breath away. I think I'm going to frame this one.

I love the common Day Lily, also known as a Ditch Lily in these parts because of their absolute bounty in the area.  You'd be hard pressed not to find a patch of them anywhere there is sun and a ditch....


Love how the setting sun gives such a warm glow to the flowers. Life is so much better with flowers. Don't you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...