April 14, 2011

Spring has finally, almost, oops, it's gone

Spring made a spectacular entry this past weekend.  One of the longest winters in my recent memory, Spring finally hit my frozen, addled soul with a double whammy this past weekend.  Temps raised 30 degrees overnight.  By Sunday, we were at 82 degrees.

So, of course, my Spring bulbs finally made their appearance.  And as one can expect, the rabbits did their darnedest to eat them - but this being a hard winter and all, I don't beget them their food.....

As this is Wisconsin, and as I write this four days later, the temps are back in the low 40s and we can expect high temps this weekend of 46 degrees.  At least the weatherpeople have taken back their earlier threat of weekend snow...so far. Last year, the crocuses were up by March 25.

Anyway...I'm enjoying my three crocuses that survived the hungry bunnies so far and I wait with baited breath the arrival of my tulips.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...