January 24, 2012

Simply Beautiful image from Pinterest


All right, I've tried posting my response to the 8,000 "likes" and "comments" on Pinterest and the demands for the "How to directions"...I've tried posting a response 10 times and I've been denied by error messages.

Dang.

Anyway....I didn't make this arrangement originally, I only pinned it from another pinterest user and the link is from the original website - www.centrogarden.com in Burlington, Ontario Canada. They have a sweet little shop that I would love to visit and spend a week volunteering in!!!

However, if I was going to make this I would go to a local dime store (as suggested by another commentor) and buy a few tall cylinder glass vases. Then I would walk around my yard (or close by) and look for small branches. I would cut a few and bring them home. Then I would get some clear glass beads and with jewelry wire, I would weave them into the nests of the branches to weight them in the water. Done.  Alright, I'd add a few oval candles for effect.

For winter I'd throw some cranberries in for some extra color and holiday cheer. For Easter, I'd throw some miniature plastic easter eggs - maybe with a little water thrown in to weight them in the water or a small flower head that would float around.

This is a total Winter through Spring display and easy-peasy to make.

The original image is from here -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...