December 7, 2007

Be careful what you wish for....

Okay, so you know the old adage, "Be careful what you wish for"? Well, back in November, Todd and the boys went up to the property in the keweenah pennisula for the deer hunt and my dad went to the old family farm outside of Reedsburg.

I was really hoping for venison since we had one package of steak left in the freezer. So I told everyone "good luck" and to bring me back some deer. Well after the hunting weekend, nothing. Todd missed a buck, my father wasn't having any luck - so it looked like 2008 was going to be a long year without venison.

But...towards the end of the 10-day hunting season, Todd gets a call from Al to get his butt up to Stevens Point to process some deer. And my dad calls with news that he got a buck and doe. HooHoo! The next think I know, i've got about 125lbs of venison packed in my freezer! Yeah. Basically we don't have to buy meat for the next several months.

Here's a link to a blog entry about venison steak that I wrote in July 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...