March 10, 2008

Home Projects and Improvements



Todd, my fabulous handyman and all around great guy, busted a move this weekend and tiled the shower and wall in the soon-to-be-completed sauna room. You can read more about it here -
We had originally thought to go with actual slate tiles in this new room, but upon review, we felt that slate and it's uneven nature might not be a good choice for a wet area. Slate requires annual treatment to keep it "waterproof". We found a really nice ceremic tile at the home improvement store that had lots of variations between tiles. This works great and is about 1/4 the cost.

In the photos above you can see the new shower and the before and after shot of the "chill" room that leads out to the hottub and backyard. It will be an awesome space when it is finally completed. (Maybe by May/June?) We still have to put in a wood floor, finish the ceiling and the trim wood around the new windows and walls. Being weekend projects - you can only do so much.

The other picture in the gallery above, is from when I laid the tiles out on the floor to find the right pattern. I didn't want just a straight-up square pattern. I like the mix of small and large tiles. It looks really nice and "professional" in the shower stall. That was my contribution to Todd's hard labor this weekend - the design aspect. I did my job - I feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...