July 22, 2010

Summer in Wisconsin

The storms were something fierce tonight.  The rain just kept coming for hours along with the thunder and lightening.  Got a little too close for comfort as I steadfastly was sitting on my front porch while the wind howled, the trees shook and the rain pelted. 

For some prospective, here's my front yard today: 

And here's my front yard the same time last summer after the lightening struck the tree and blew bark across the street.


Dang, with tonight's storm, I realized I still really miss my 50 foot tall tree.  If you scroll back up, you'll see the hostas waiting to embrace the next one growing from the roots of the old Locust tree. 

What a difference a year can make.  I know there is some Zen moment here.  I just haven't found it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...