June 26, 2008

My car was broke into last night

I went to walk Teiko this morning and I found the garage door was partly opened. Not thinking much about it, I continued through the garage and when I got out to the driveway, I found the passenger side door opened on my car. Yep, the car had been gone through. It appears that the only thing taken was the garage door opener. Checked the garage and everything appeared in its messy messy place. Also found a book bag lying in the driveway. It belonged to a neighbor two doors down. It appears that it was a busy night for the local thieves.

Called the police to report it. An officer was at the house within 15 minutes. Imagine my surprise when I found out a neighbor further down the street actually had two cars stolen out of their garage last night.

The garage door opener was reprogrammed this morning. Teiko has been given strict orders to guard the house against intruders. Knowing Teiko, I doubt he'd do much, but I wouldn't want to enter into a house with a nearly 100lb German Shepherd. Here's a recent photo of our house-guarding Cujo dog.....
Lesson learned: Don't get freaked out when this kind of crap happens. Nothing was taken, no one was hurt and there was no damage to our property. Personally, it wastes energy to live in fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...