Not sure if Teiko is going to like the male moving in, so the back-up plan is to have Gage go to Grama's house if needed.
I've had him for about two hours now and I can report the following:
- Absolutely beautiful - such red highlights in his coat - Beautiful gait - some nice west german bloodlines in him.
- Nice house manners - no marking
- Met and greeted Cita the Poodle very nicely - very good doggy manners upon walking into the house
- A very fast learner! First he learned quickly that sliding glass doors can't be walked through. Secondly, he learned that swimming pools can suck you in. 5 minutes off leash in the backyard he walked right into the deep end of the swimming pool. Found out right away that he's a good swimmer, I called him to me by the stairs and he walked out on his own. He has since decided that swimming pools are fun to look at but not be in..........
- Loves to play fetch and will keep bringing his football back time and time again. No possession issues Will gladly give the toy to me.
- Takes food nicely - again no possessive issues seen with water or food bowls either
- Knows basic commands - sit, come, down. Stay we are working on.
- Needs some work on leash manners - he's kind of a puller so far - but once he settles in, this should improve
This is one very nice dog.