January 4, 2011

Repurposing a wool scarf

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to continue along my creativity path.  Not sure what that means but I'm happy to amble along finding new crafty projects. So I wiped the dust of my sewing machine and just started sewing.  

I found some inspiration on this website about reusing old sweaters.  I had picked up a yellow wool scarf that I imagine someone had lovingly knitted  and gifted to a loved one.  Unfortunately, the scarf found itself washed in hot water, which magically felted the natural fibers.  Now the shrunken scarf wasn't so lovely looking and was donated to a local thrift store.

Well as the old saying goes, One person's junk is another person's (or in this case, dog's) treasure.  I've happily been cutting up the scarf and making toys for my boy, Teiko.  The cost of the scarf was $1 and the time to make two toys so far.   As you can see in the photo, Teiko is quite happy to have new toys. 

And  I don't have to pay $10 for a dog toy that will be shredded within days.  Bonus!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...