February 20, 2009

Looking for a great friend?

I’m Paris and I’m the dog you are looking for if you love friendship, happiness, energy, excitement, focus, and seeing the world through a dog’s eye.
Now, I’ll admit, I’m not perfect. My nose can lead me into some excitement. I love to track down the smell of squirrels and other wild animals that live around me and I could use some refinement of my manners (or obedience training as humans like to say). Why you ask? Because I get so happy in the moment, sometimes, I forget what I’m supposed to do. But come on, I am just a dog…..right? However, I will come when you call and I will sit and even lay down when you ask me.
Okay, here are some other things you need to know about me: I was one sick girl a couple of months ago. Diagnosed heartworm positive, at Thanksgiving, when my previous owners surrender me to a local shelter, I have, under good care from my foster family, sailed through the treatment. Today I am in great health and am ready to embrace my forever people. Because I had heartworms, the doctors say I will need to be on heartworm medication year around and will need a couple of more checkups to make sure they got all the heartworms. Other than that, I’m up to date on all my shots, microchipped, and I’m in great physical condition.

I get along well with big dogs and small dogs. I like them and want to play all day! I can sleep in a crate, but would be much happier being closer to you. I walk very nicely on a leash, though I will see all squirrels and rabbits on our walks- way before you do. So letting me off leash is probably not a good idea until further notice. I will love to curl up by you and sleep for hours. And food is one of my FAVORITE things in the world! I’ll do just about anything for a treat! Oh yeah, I’m housebroken as well.

Really, I just love to be.
A note from me, the foster mom: This is a hard thing to do...Paris has been such a great foster dog and we love her dearly. She is high energy at times, but is also a total couch potato. Her desire to please knows no bounds. She is the type of dog that makes many foster parents failures, meaning they decide to keep her. But in our hearts, we know she’ll be even happier with another family who can give her more undivided attention than we can. She should do well in a one-dog only house but has always had a large male companion.

If you are interested at all in adopting Paris - you can fill out an online application at the German Shepherd Rescue Alliance of Wisconsin - www.gsraw.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...