February 26, 2009

Frank Sinatra - he's my man

Okay, Todd is actually my man.

But Frank comes a close a second. I was introduced to Frank many years ago as a young girl by my Grama Boo. She is the hippest woman. Not only did she love Frank, she also loved Elvis and was right along with the girls and me in 2000 when Ricky Martin hit the scene.

GramaBoo loves her some pretty boys that can sing.

Anyway, about 15 years ago, I went to a wedding and the song of the night was "Fly me to the Moon" by Sinatra and Count Basie. I instantly fell in love with the song and had to have it. The next day I called Grama to see if she had that record album. She checked, didn't have it and proceeded to call Columbia Records. There was a CD delivered to my door within weeks.

How awesome is that?


The CD has finally worn out from overplay. Because we played this CD every time we ate Italian food for dinner which must have been at least 2000 times since 1995. What I think is amazing, is that I raised two girls to love and appreciate music from all genres. And today the girls know to just load up this classic CD for dinner. If you like to check out some good Swing music, find this record/CD/Itunes download. You won't be sorryEnjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...