February 16, 2009

Pwnd by Uncle Bear

I was totally pwnd by my Uncle Bear this morning when I opened my work email and found his response to my Valentines stuffed chicken breast dinner story from the weekend.

And I quote,

"Hi Ry, Nice pics of your Valentine dinner. Its nice to spend a quiet dinner at home, huh? We had sweetheart steaks, they take a thick boneless rib steak and butterfly it, then it looks like a heart when opened up , plenty for two. Also we had potato cheese soup,twice baked potato, and asparagus with hollandaise sauce. For desert we had homemade Brandy Alexanders with a chocolate truffle that Marlene had made. She 's a cheap date. It was the 39th anniversary of our first date and I married her seven months later. Who said that short courtships don't last. Have a great week, Love Uncle Bear"
I responded to Uncle Bear's email by saying I was totally in awe of their cooking expertise and years of marriage, and threw in...that Todd and I celebrated our 23rd Valentines... this year.

Uncle Bear came back with ..."And Marlene has the valentine's card I gave her in the 6th grade, signed, Jackie...."

Wow, Can't beat that. I've been bested by the master.

It's one of a thousand reasons why I love my Uncle Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...