February 11, 2009

Wascally Wabbits

Ohmigod. Got home tonight and let the pups out, after being in the house for 8 hours, they made a great vocal and physical display of their eagerness to get outside. I didn't think much of it, at first. But soon, I heard a high pitch scream. Paris and Teiko had raced to the back corner of our yard as they usually do. This time though, Paris actually caught the rabbit she had been smelling for a few days.

I yell at her to "drop" it. Umm...that doesn't work.

I then, stupidly called her to me. And guess what, she comes. So now I have this very proud German Shepherd chasing me all around the back yard with the damn rabbit in her mouth with me screaming "Don't touch me!, Aus!, Out! Drop it!"

I get Teiko and Cita in the house, and finally calm down and say to Paris, "All right, I'm going in the house, wanna come? She is so proud of herself. Still prancing with the rabbit in her mouth, she finally drops it about one foot from me, spits out some extra rabbit fur and saunters into the house.

I quickly shut the door and turned back to see a very stunned rabbit, who finally came out of its daze, took a quick look and ran for the trees.

I'm not thinking I'll have many problems with rabbits eating my spring flowers this year.
So this is my foster dog, Paris. The dog who was so sick two months ago that she had scary things coming out of every hole in her body about 23 hours a day. She was diagnosed Heartworm positive and would receive some harsh treatment to kill the worms. I knew that she would need some time to heal but I didn't really know for how long.

Well, today I got my answer. She is finally healthy enough to hunt and catch the damn rabbits. This dog is is going to be just fine. She is a fighter and a hunter. This is one of the good ones.

It's awesome to be a foster mom. Umm...I'm keeping her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...