January 28, 2008

My first (and probably) last quilt

Here's my first quilt top that I finally finished. I started the darn thing in 1996. I seem to remember getting all gun-ho about making a quilt - I had no real plan, I just bought a bunch of kinda matching fabrics, stitched together 10 panels got fed up and put it way.

So this weekend and 12 years later, I pulled out the unfinished quilt top and enough pre-cut pieces to finish something. So I started sewing, and ironing away. I don't know the name of the pattern I created, I don't know how to finish it off, and I learned that I still don't know a thing about quilting at all.

I'm hoping some quilters in the family can help me attach this topper to the rest of the stuff that makes a finished quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...