January 13, 2008

Today is my birthday. It was everything that I wanted. I got orchids, jewelry making supplies, and a fantastic Giants vs Cowboys win to make the Packers get the championship NFC game in Lambeau next week. The poor cowboys lost. oh so sad.....not.

The highlight of my birthday was the homemade dinner created by Raine. My cookie monster blue birthday cake (pictured above) was baked by Raine this morning. The frosting was suppose to be white, but as what happens with homemade creations, one has to improvise. I've never had a blue cake before, but also, I haven't had a homemade birthday cake, since I was six or so. The chocolate cake with rasberry filling was just what I asked for. The color unforgettable. Raine rocks! Thanks for the great cake.For dinner, Raine wanted to make my dinner as her gift. I asked for lamb. She came up with a great indian curry recipe. She made the curry from scratch. As I told Raine, Curry is to Indian as Gumbo is to Cajun... Awesome dinner and it was a wonderful birthday present. A pretty amazing birthday gift from a 15 year old.

I'm a pretty lucky birthday girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...