October 14, 2008

Vote Early and vote often....

Okay, not the often part.

A group of us headed over to the City Clerk's office yesterday to cast our vote for the presidential election.

In Wisconsin you can place an absentee vote almost up to election day. And it was easy! Since I'm already a registered voter, it took only a matter of seconds to get my ballot, mark my candidate, seal the envelope and watch it placed in the big metal voter box. Easy Peasy!

What was heartening, was the line we saw at the City building. There was a steady stream of like-minded voters casting their votes early.

If you want to avoid election day lines - as they are predicting record turn outs, head to your city clerks office today! There are different rules for voter registration in every state (and city) but just remember - as a U.S. Citizen - your voice and vote count. Don't let them take it away!

The website - voteforchange.com helps you determine how and where to vote in the U.S. It's a great tool!

2 comments:

  1. That is a very good idea!!! I am a huge supporter of voting but every time I see the huge line on voting day I almost want to just leave. Especially since waiting in line with kids for a long amount of time is painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always tried to bring color books and little games for the kids to play when I expected a long line. We always seem to pass the time well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...