August 25, 2007

Lights out at home

Wednesday was a night without electricity as our neighborhood was plunged into darkness for about 6 hours after heavy rains and lightning took us off the power grid. Being the ever resourceful folks that we are, we managed to make spaghetti and meatballs by candle light. You can do quite a bit with a gas stove and 25 candles. Power came back on right before we sat down to eat.
It's funny how you don't even think about electricity until you don't have it. Raine called me on my way home from work to remind me not to try the garage door opener. I said "well, duh". And Raine counters with "Well, Dad tried to open the garage, just wanted to make sure you didn't make the same stupid mistake..." Thinking I was so much wiser it wasn't until another hour or two without lights, that I decided to check Channel 3 online for a weather update. Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...