February 15, 2008

Readers from all over

It's pretty cool to see that my little blog gets visitors from around the country and globe. Here's a screen shot from today showing recent North American visitors. If you click on the actual widget in the right column of this blog - it will open a new window - you can then click on a flag to see what city the visitor has come from. A visitor's privacy is kept - as the map doesn't say names, street addresses, etc. I can guess some friends as I know their city but there are visitors from all over the globe and from places I've never been.

So far in February, the blog has had 150 unique visitors. Considering that I don't promote the site, and only write about my own thing, that's a lot of visitors. When I look at the stats, I see that last month several visitors came for the Dutch recipe for frikandel that I posted on the blog last May. For example if you google "frikandel recipe" my blog entry is number 5 - there are a lot of people that would pay good money to get that kind of placement on Google. From a search engine optimization standpoint, I'd say this is a result of good content, good file naming, and good web structure.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...