June 18, 2008

Sweet old Christmas Cactus

So, the other day, my mom and I were talking about the Christmas Cactus that Grama Boo used to have. When I was a young, I remember seeing it at her house and I loved that every Christmas, it would actually bloom.

My mom was wondering what ever happen to that cactus. I told her that several years ago, Grama Boo gave me the plant. I had found it in her basement by the laundry window. I had told her that I loved that plant and remembered it from my childhood.

My mom then informed me that the plant was over 50 years old. Because it originally belonged to her great-grandmother, Nanny. I didn't realize that a plant could be 50+ years old. Wow!

And like clockwork, that plant, produces blooms every December for about two weeks. I'm amazed that I have a piece of my family history in a beautiful plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...