August 6, 2008

Digital scrapbooking - kinda fun

For my Grama Boo's birthday last month, my mom wanted to give a unique present. She had a great idea to make a photo collage of her parents from their highschool days. Yes, G-Boo married her highschool sweetheart, Lloyd right after her graduation, much to the displeasure of her family.

I suggested going digital so we could preserve the photos and add some graphic embellishments to the look feel. My mom had some great photos, I found a couple as well but the pièce de résistance was the letter Lloyd wrote in G-Boo's junior year book. Mom wanted that to be the focus. So I scanned everything in, cleaned up the scratched photos and cropped the hand-written notes and began laying out the images in Photoshop. I also found some great on-line websites that have more than you can image in digital artwork and embellishments. The one that I really liked and was easy to navigate is called the Shabby Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...