May 12, 2009

Flowers in the Garden

This past weekend was beautifully sunny yet cool. The Spring flowers are in their prime. Last fall, I planted another 100 or so tulips and other bulbs. And for the most part, they all bloomed,except for a couple of rabbit nibbles. The yard is finally starting to fill with bulbs. I like it.
Spent Mother's Day morning with my mom. we had a great brunch at the Iron Works Cafe at the Goodman Community Center. Bonus, we got to watch Raine cook! She looked very chef-like!
The two photos above of the fuchsia plant is my mother's day present to myself. Mom and I drove to Kopke's Greenhouse near Oregon, WI. The hanging baskets are stunning and huge. Brought mom her summer flowers and had to get a few baskets for myself. The fuchsia is almost 4 ft wide, I kid you not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...